- Responsible to coordinate rig-based, well construction services, contract execution with the client and management of the assets within the Division in accordance with Transocean’s core processes and performance standards. Coordinate the activities of the Performance and Asset teams within the Division, including the HSE function, in establishing shared goals which support the Transocean vision and mission.
- Demonstrate visible support of the Transocean Vision: “Our operations will be conducted in an incident free environment, everywhere, at all times”
- Act as champion of within the Division to develop effective rig safety and asset management culture
- Coordinate the activities of the HSE Department and review the Division HSE Plans to ensure they are aligned with the Corporate, Unit and Rig Plans.
- Participate in HSE incident analysis and incident reviews. Provide oversight of corrective actions to improve HSE performance and share lessons learned
- Ensure reporting of OER’s and HSE performance in GMS meets requirements
- Ensure Emergency Response Procedures are maintained up-to-date by the rigs and the division and that effective drills are conducted to test the emergency response
- Ensure Focus action plans are reviewed on a regular basis with the rigs, and ensure resources are allocated to effectively address and close out the action items
- Review Requests for Exemption as required, and approve on behalf of the Division Managing Director
Asset and Operations & Performance Management
- Communicate clear expectations to the Asset and Performance management teams
- Communicates with and supports Operations Managers to provide oversight and support the delivery of professional asset and well operations.
- Communicates and supports on asset and well operation related issues.
- Ensure that the Company Management System (CMS) is understood and implemented
- Review results of PMAA and Hardware audits and assessments to confirm compliance to CMS and personnel performance. Confirm that corrective actions are being carried out
- Ensures Operation and Performance related policies and procedures are implemented and complied with in the Division.
- Ensures that rig operating procedures, work processes ad rig equipment and systems are operated within their performance criteria.
- Ensures marine operation management requirements and marine operation performance standards are effectively implemented and monitored for effectiveness and compliance. Ensure a consistent level of marine operation professionalism is established.
- Ensures DWOP, CWOP and performance reviews performed within the Division are consistent to optimize rig and well operations and lateral learning to achieve safe performance efficiencies.
- Ensure HAZID and HAZOP reviews by Operations and Rig Managers are performed and that appropriate resources and expert advice related to Transocean rig and well operation performance standards is available.
- Monitor and review with Division management to provide performance analysis support and input on GMS monthly and quarterly scorecard performance measurements to identify improvement actions for continuous improvement
- Participates in identifying and defining innovative technical solutions to meet client needs
- Provide oversight to Operations Managers (Performance & Asset) to ensure vessel certification required by Regulatory, Flag State requirements (ISPS, ISM, Safety and Manning) is maintained up-to-date and corrective actions are being closed out.
- Ensure Operations Managers (Performance & Asset) are following up to ensure applicable mooring system analysis, riser analysis and / or jackup site assessment approval are completed and received from HQS Marine Support Group for each location. Ensure safe and effective marine operations are performed on all installations under their authority.
- Ensure that the company maintenance system is understood and implemented and assets are maintained in accordance with the assets maintenance plan and budget
- Coordinates with the Operations Managers (Performance and Asset) on a regular basis to discuss significant rig maintenance and equipment issues as well as shared planning, goals and objectives are communicated.
- Review and ensure that multi-year asset plans are in place and are aligned with the strategic and long term business objectives of the company for the respective class of asset.
- Provide oversight to the Operations Managers (Performance & Asset) to ensure operational and financial authority limits are respected and consistent in the Division
- Ensure regular rig visits which support effective management visibility at the rig site. Monitor Operations Managers (Performance & Asset) rig visit frequency is maintained to ensure consistent and effective communications with the OIM and Department Supervisors and monitoring of the rig performance results
- Ensures lateral learning opportunities and economies of scale are being implemented
- Meet responsibilities related to job position as described in Section 5 of the Company Management System Manuals
- Supports Division Managing Director and Operations Managers (Performance and Asset) in their roles to proves client service delivery for all service provision matters
- Effectively monitors and evaluates clients’ operations and technical concerns and responds quickly to meet customer needs and resolve problems
- Assists Division Managing Director and Operations Managers (Performance and Asset) in developing and maintaining client relations
- Assists marketing existing equipment, new equipment and services to current and potential clients to improve market share and utilization rates.
- Coordinate the Asset and Performance teams in reviewing rig maintenance, rig modifications, new equipment installation and equipment planning which affects rig activity forecasts, and out-of-service planning. Ensure rig out-of-service planning is clearly communicated to the clients via the Division Management teams.
- Support delivery of all rig-based services (including but not limited to well construction) as defined by the drilling contract.
- Provides oversight to ensure people development and succession planning is established for performance and asset personnel within the Division and the rigs.
- Understand OJT program and ensures the Rigs are applying it effectively to support the development and succession plans for performance and asset personnel at the rig site.
- Monitor the rigs to ensure Key Rig Personnel are trained, competent and licensed and receive all necessary specialist training in all safety critical areas, including, but not limited to, Marine Licensing, DPO, Major Emergency Management, Well Control, Stability and Ballast Control training.
- Assists the Division Human Resources Manager in selecting and recruiting personnel for HSE, Asset and Performance positions
- Ensure objective, and meaningful performance appraisals of direct reports and performance personnel at the rig site are completed, and development areas tracked
- Approve the assignment of Asset, Performance and HSE personnel within the Division (Operations Engineers and up)
- Review and accountable for Division budget of all rig personnel & overhead costs, rig training budgets and annual spending for Maintenance and Capex costs
- Responsible for reviewing Division BudVars on a monthly basis to ensure controls are in place and budget forecast plans are accurate and effective as related to normal operations and out-of-service time planning
- Assist Division Managing Director to optimize rig dayrate revenue
- Reviews Contract Performance Commitment (CPC) proposals for rig and well operation requirements and cost, capital expenditure and resource requirements. Provide Recommendations to marketing to optimize service delivery.
- Formal technical or engineering training
- Drilling or Petroleum Engineering degree or engineering degree in other discipline
- Drilling and management training courses
- 15-20 years’ experience in the drilling industry, 5-10 years’ experience as a Rig Manager (Performance or Asset) and 3-5 years’ experience as Operations Manager (Performance or Asset), and/or previous experience in a staff position (QHSE, Marketing, Engineering, Human Resources, etc.). Also requires formal business training (internal or external).
- Requires computer literacy to facilitate the use of company provided proprietary software as well as common Office Suite programs utilized in daily Transocean business.
- Must possess very good communication skills; oral and written.
- Ability to plan, strategize and direct operational issues as required.
- Possess leadership skills to develop individuals within the rig and office teams.
- Ability to motivate and coordinate a large performance and asset organization within a challenging operation environment.
- Familiarity with a wide range of rig and well operations, and industry standards required for safe operation of the assets which supports safe and effective operation decision making.
- Possess a sound knowledge and understanding of Transocean operations and expectations.
- Coach, mentor, direct supervise, appraise, discipline, coordinate and manage personnel.
- Ability to oversee budget plans in line with the company strategic and long term objectives. Clear understanding of the company’s financial deliverables.
- Able to prioritize and manage daily situations related to operations, personnel, client local labor issues
- The above is not a complete list of duties but a guide, as tasks and objectives can change depending on needs.
- National Commuter role only. No Expatriate package currently available for this position.