This position is available to local national candidates only, based on company/local government nationalization requirements.
- Manage, develop and motivate field support personnel (Well Control Equipment and Subsea Support, RMS Support, TFS) to assist higher level trouble-shooting of rig problems and in ensuring assets integrity for the optimum amount of operational uptime.
- Responsible for ensuring that company policy is followed with respect to the required technical review and approval. Ensure proper investigation to operational and safety related events pertaining to maintenance, collection of lessons learned and ensure they are communicated within the company as required.
- TM must lead by example and show visible demonstration of the Transocean Vision by focusing on these three key areas: People, Customers and Execution.
HSE and Operational Integrity Leadership
- Maintain and support safety vision of an “Incident Free Workplace, all the time, everywhere”. Act as Safety Leader at all times.
- Adhere to the requirements of Transocean Health & Safety and Environment Manuals (HQS-HSE-PP-01 and HQS-HSE-PP-02).
- Assist Operations Managers and Rig Managers in addressing any safety related concerns.
- Support local management during Major Emergency events.
- Assist Operations Managers and Rig Managers in ensuring all Operations Integrity requirements are met by their rigs and crews.
- Take a proactive approach in mentoring and developing field support personnel.
- Ensure training compliance, development and succession planning is in place for all field support personnel.
- Guide and coach Asset Managers.
- Assist HR in evaluating prospective new hires for electrical, mechanical and subsea positions both offshore and onshore.
- Evaluate rig maintenance personnel periodically and recommend changes, and training to rig management.
- Allocate and direct divisional field support personnel within division to leverage the maximum support for operations while minimizing expenses. Work closely with HR in determining where to assign potential field support personnel.
- Assist local operations teams in delivering safe and efficient operations with maximum equipment uptime by providing sound technical support.
- Provide direct support to the Operations Manager, Rig Manager and Asset Manager in situations involving significant equipment downtime or equipment incidents.
- Discuss technical issues with customers and make presentations to them as required.
- Establish and maintain single point concept for all technical issues in the division.
- Manage division shared equipment spares while ensuring assets are maintained in ready to use condition to improve rig uptime.
- Promote maintenance concepts and predictive maintenance concepts that prevent downtime and equipment malfunctions.
- Ensure that the appropriate corporate resources are requested to assist for trouble shooting.
- Investigate significant downtime and safety event to ensure that the root causes are identified, documented and communicated through the Company as deemed appropriate. Where applicable, liaise with Corporate Asset teams to include lessons learned into new maintenance policies and procedures.
- Review all asset related modification requests (ex: RMRs and REAs) to determine appropriateness and the level of support required to implement the change. Follow up with Corporate Engineering group if required.
- Establish and periodically review acceptance criteria for equipment testing and inspections in the division according to Transocean’s standards.
- Visit and certify machine, welding and repair shops for validation of quality, and specifications used.
- Advise and recommend solutions to field operation problems.
- Review rig lay-up and reactivation procedures.
- Promote technical exchanges and information sharing with other field support groups to minimize duplication of efforts and maximize global impact.
- Review equipment and maintenance standards and provide feedback to Corporate Asset teams.
- Regularly review division short-term and long-term asset plans and provide feedback to local management.
- Ensure all assets in the division maintain continuous assessments of the rig condition and are following up on corrective actions.
- Ensure that the Rig Maintenance System (RMS) is followed and regularly reviewed in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Project Management and Out of Service time
- Provide support to local management teams when planning and undergoing Out of Service time (ex: rig/equipment upgrades, replacements, or overhauls; UWILD, SPS, or other inspections; shipyard maintenance periods or emergency repairs).
- Regularly review Out of Service plans for each rig to ensure minimum dayrate exposure. Encourage local management to address as many maintenance and repair items as possible during normal operations without incurring loss of dayrate and by minimizing maintenance delays and postponement of work until the next Out of Service period.
Supply Chain Management
- Provide division Purchasing Department with recommended sources for frequently ordered parts and equipment.
- Promote the establishment of sound relationships with vendors. Provide regular updates to vendors regarding their performance and improvement areas to meet company requirements.
- Assist General Manager in reviewing Asset plans and Project Approval (PA) requests through provision of technical advice.
- Engineering degree or equivalent training and experience.
- Minimum of 12 years related industry experience while serving in similar management positions.
- Must possess very good communication skills; oral and written. Ability to plan, strategize and direct technical issues as required.
- Broad interdisciplinary background in various areas of mechanical and electrical machinery, engineering, data processing and an intimate knowledge of various items of drilling equipment and associated technical issues.
- Possess a sound knowledge and understanding of Transocean operation standards, in particular Maintenance Standards and Asset Management Handbook.
- General knowledge of preventative maintenance systems and concepts.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain continuous flow of ideas by building a team environment.
- Recommending budget requirements for division spares.
- Ability to oversee budget plans in line with the company strategic and long term objectives.
- Clear understanding of the company’s financial deliverables.
- Considerable ingenuity is required in identifying equipment failure root causes and solutions to problems encountered on the leading edge of drilling technology, while maintaining existing equipment in both operable and safe condition.
- Able to prioritize and manage complex daily situations related to technical issues, technical field support, rig equipment and operations, customer and reporting.
- The above is not a complete list of duties but a guide, as tasks and objectives can change depending on needs.
- National Commuter role only. No Expatriate package currently available for this position