We are seeking a dedicated, passionate, detail-oriented Travel Associate to facilitate the complex logistics required for all Lagos-related travel for all members of the Andela team. At Andela we know that talent is evenly distributed but that opportunity is not. As a top-notch travel associate, you’ll also be instrumental in connecting extraordinary talent in Africa to new opportunities around the world.
We are looking for a self-starter. Someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves, jump in and be prepared for some long hours when necessary, and help us build an incredible business that can change the lives of young people in Africa. This is a chance to get on-the-ground experience with a seasoned team of entrepreneurs that’s plugged into the heart of Lagos’ growing technology startup community with active interactions with our team members in New York and Nairobi.
As the right candidate, you are excited about and naturally gifted at handling all aspects of travel arrangement and providing all around office support. The following tasks are associated with this role:
- Organizes and arrange all local and international travel, accommodation, transit, meet & greet and other logistical requirements as required of any Andela fellow or team member;
- Ensures the accurate, timely and cost-effective management of financial arrangements relating to travel, accommodation of Andela fellows and team members;
- To prepare information packages to travellers and calculate applicable per diem
- To assist prospective travellers with Visa application forms, gather all required documents and prepare for visa applicants for processing
- Provide timely updates on travel matters via our internal communication channel.
- To keep all staff profiles / travel files up to date
- To prepare and submit monthly travel reports as required
- Manage the travel playbook and update intermittently.
- Provide timely updates on the passport tracker for prospective travel applicants.
- Work and liaise with the Accounts, Success and Operations departments to create travel budgets
- Disseminate travel cards/cash to travellers
- Review the travel requirements intermittently and advise on possible ways of enhancing the cost-effectiveness of services provided through Travel Agents and other means;
Qualifications and Characteristics:
- 1–3 years of travel coordination experience.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Ability to work in an open, transparent and collaborative environment.Ability to multi-task, adapt quickly and easily to changing requirements in a fast-paced, tech-based organization.
- Ability to multi-task, adapt quickly and easily to changing requirements in a fast-paced, tech-based organization.
- Must be able to adhere to deadlines and perform high-quality work under general supervision.
- Excellent organizational and calendar management skills.
- Solid grasp of Google word processing and spreadsheet programs, communication and collaboration tools.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Google Apps; DropBox and other relevant office coordination tools.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a reputable University
- Ability to start ASAP