Treasury Officer – FTRY.2 – The organizational unit is the Cash and Current Accounts Division (FTRY2) of the Treasury Department. The objective of the section is to serve as the focal point for the timely processing of all payment receipts and outflows related to administrative payment issues, Swift management and compliance monitoring on settlements.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Division Manager, FTRY.2, the incumbent will perform duties related to: timely settlement of the Bank Group’s financial obligations with regard to the regulators policy on payments Know your customer (KYC), Anti Money Laundering (AML), Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC), Foreign Account Tax Compliance (FACTA), derivative documents management (Dodd Franck and EMIR recommendation), Bank Group payment systems, etc. Amongst others, the incumbent will:
Manage the documentation of the borrowing and derivative transactions:
- Ensure that a confirmation is received for each derivative transaction on a timely basis.
- Verify the accuracy of the borrowing and derivative contracts against trade tickets and transaction’s final terms tickets.
- Ensure that confirmations are duly cleared, signed and forwarded to the counterparty.
- Maintain an adequate record of the status of all confirmations.
Supervise the payment of administrative expenses
- Ensure that all swift payments are generated for all payments on the SAP payment lists.
- Verify the checks printed at the Bank’s local correspondent to ensure conformity with SAP payment list before release to beneficiaries.
- Liaise with the Cash Management unit to ensure fund’s availability to meet administrative expenses.
- Instruct and monitor the cancellation of general ledger account posting for cancelled payments.
Manage the Bank’s payment systems (swift and others)
- Design and implement a secure workflow for all payment processes.
- Ensure that the Bank payment systems comply with International Payment Standards.
- Conduct necessary tests to ensure database integrity during the migration of the Bank’s payment systems.
- Maintain the Swift BIC code database.
Monitor the exchange of Swift bilateral keys with counterparty banks
- Ensure that valid keys are implemented to allow the secure exchange of financial information with our correspondent banks.
- Respond in a timely manner to requests from counterparty banks.
Maintain the Bank’s vendor’s payment instructions in SAP database
- Ensure that vendors (staff and suppliers) payments instructions are correctly defined and updated in SAP.
- Update the banks master records in SAP, including all payment details.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- A minimum of Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or Statistics and/or a professional qualification as Certified Treasury Professional.
- A minimum of four (04) years of experience in commercial, central Bank in cash management and reconciliation areas.
- Ability to write clear, convincing and well-structured business documents and reports.
- Ability to work effectively within a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to cope with multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and/or French. Working knowledge of the second language will be an advantage.
- A very strong working knowledge of SAP R/3. Knowledge of SUMMIT, Reuters, Bloomberg will be an advantage.
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).