Account Clerk – Co-creation Hub Nigeria is a social enterprise committed to bringing together stakeholders from different walks of life to work collaboratively on solutions to social challenges facing the Nigerian society.
Co-creation Hub seeks a detail oriented and result driven Account clerk. In this role, you will play a key part in providing proactive support to a new generation of social innovators building solutions to address key challenges in the Nigerian society.
This is an opportunity to be part of our passionate team seeking to harness the power of collaboration and technology to bring much needed sustainable solutions to the local marketplace.
The Account Clerk will play a key role in the day-to-day account book-keeping and provide accounting support for start-ups in the Co-Creation Hub (CcHUB) portfolio.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out basic book-keeping and support in preparation of financial statements including income statement, balance sheet, and other related financial report on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Prepare the necessary payment vouchers before any cash disbursements
- Management, disbursement and retirement of petty cash according to approval limit.
- Post financial transactions to accounting software on a real-time basis, and ensure corresponding journal, and ledger entries are adequately prepared.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Review financial documents to ensure accuracy of the information there in and compliance with the organization’s financial policies and procedures.
- Proper filing of all accounting and supporting documents with proper references to ease document tracing, and are kept in accordance with the organization’s requirement.
- Support in financial reporting preparation including general ledger preparation, payroll management, accounts receivables, accounts payable, inventory management; stock counts, cashbook, project accounts, costing and control.
- Carry out other administrative/book-keeping tasks as assigned by the manager.
QUALIFICATION & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
BSc. degree in Accounting, Administration, Economics or in any other related field.
Years of Experience – Entry Level
Computer skills on MS Office
High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
The position offers a competitive salary depending on applicant’s competence and ability to learn.
Method of Application
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or send CV and cover letter to apply.